Tor relay shutted down by ISP

M maillist at piirakka.com
Fri Feb 22 21:27:26 UTC 2008

> At the risk of sounding rash and impulsive, I'll venture to say that a
> little bit of education here, could go a long way - I think the ISP
> folks need it.

In my experience ISP's are not intrested of Tor, they just want that no
botnet traffic etc. goes through their networks. Trying to educate them
is in vain. This is in Finland. They just don't care.

One of my friend works at national isp, he warned me in advance that
they may cut off my adsl connection if I don't "fix" Tor (filter out
abusive traffic which is impossible or make it middle-man only). They
got bunch of abuse reports from Ficora, a Finnish organization that is
responsible for the fi-domain and so on.