Tor relay shutted down by ISP

Jon McLachlan mcla0181 at umn.edu
Wed Feb 20 17:02:41 UTC 2008

> Thanks :) My ISP reconnected me again but I had to promise to never run
> Tor again. Tomorrow I'm going to call them and try to change their
> minds. XS4ALL is a ISP who stands for freedom of speech, they are
> against censorship, etc etc. If they knew what Tor was they wouldn't
> disconnect me for running Tor..

If you just run a middle node, nothing "that bad" should come spewing
out of your box.  I would be curious if you were running an exit node
originally, or if it was just a middle node.

In the tor-config file, there's some exit policies -> if you reject *:*,
then you're essentially a middle-node, in which everything is both 1)
encrypted and 2) between tor-to-tor traffic (which will almost certainly
generate no future complaints)....

~Jon