Tor (started by Vidalia) ignores StrictEntryNodes + EntryNodes

Fran Litterio flitterio at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 05:17:43 UTC 2008

Am I correct to assume that your message below means that when
UseEntryGuards is set to 1 it causes Tor to ignore the value of
StrictEntryNodes?

The manual doesn't state that UseEntryGuards takes precedence over
StrictEntryNodes. Which is unfortunate because UseEntryGuards defaults to 1,
which means that StrictEntryNodes is, by default, ignored.
--
Fran