No Tor server exists that allows exit to ...

Justin Coffi jcoffi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 18:51:09 UTC 2008

Happy Holidays.

I've setup a server on tor that I connect to via
"localhost.<fingerprint>.exit" instead of using a *.onion address. It
works fine at first. However after 30 minutes or so I start receiving
messages in my log from a connecting machine that says [notice] No Tor
server exists that allows exit to 127.0.0.1:<port>

The reason I used this method instead of hidden services was because my
connections were timing out too frequently.

Any insight or constructive criticism would be appreciated.

- Justin