Need help with MPAA threats

Jon scream at datascreamer.com
Mon Dec 15 03:41:25 UTC 2008

tor user wrote:
> This:
>

>> I just wish there were a better way to
>> inspect the
>> traffic and disallow certain traffic.
>>

> seems to contradict:
>

>> Don't get me
>> wrong, I'm not
>> advocating that any relay inspect any traffic,
>>

> Do you mean you want a way to *automatically*, without recording/logging/inspecting personally, deny certain traffic and allow other? (but isn't that censorship anyway?)
>
> Don't we usually hate when ISPs do the same to their customers?
>

>> just that
>> illegal
>> traffic transiting outside my link could land me in
>> trouble.
>>

> If you are in a condition where your traffic can get you into trouble with the ruling class, then please don't run an exit.
>
> But trying to pick-and-choose the traffic you want to allow is not helping to frustrate censorship, in fact it is promoting it.
>

>> Perhaps
>> thoughtworthy.

"...DMCA, hacking, child exploitation transiting my link."

Don't get the context wrong... quote it all if your going to pick it
line item. These things (with perhaps the loose exception of DMCA) are
illegal in all jurisdictions I believe? If there were a way to balance
anonymity and frustrating censorship, along with frustrating child porn
proliferation and hacking... yes, I think I would be able to go with it.

Jon-