[Fwd: (Probably) a known problem?] - cant run a relay node

Przemyslaw Orzechowski porzech at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 21:45:00 UTC 2008

I was not online for fiew days but i think i might have a solution for
Your problem (worked for me)

1) in torrc add following line
ServerDNSResolvConfFile c:\resolv.conf

and inside of resolv.conf put following 3 lines

nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
nameserver yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
search your.primary.domain

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy are ip adresses of Your DNS servers
the third line is optional and is used to instruct linux computers for
what domain above DNS servers are authoritative (not sure if its
needed but i added it)

after those changes everything started to work (im not using vidalia
to run Tor i configured it as a service so its running whenewer my
mashine is up

Hope this will be helpfull for You