OSX - wrong bundle installed

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Sat Dec 13 17:15:34 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 03:38:14PM +0100, info at winter-buchverlag.de wrote 0.8K bytes in 23 lines about:
> I just installed the TOR bundle for OSX, but was stupid enough to not
> notice that there are two bundles - one for PowerPC only, and one for
> Universal Binary. Since I have OSX 10.5 running, TOR doesn´t work. It
> shouldn´t, anyway.

It sounds like you installed the expert package.  Directions for a full
purge of Tor on OSX can be found at
https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-osx.html.en#uninstall

> My firewall keeps telling me that TOR is trying to establish a
> connection via ports 9090 and 443, so somehow it seems to be running in
> the background. However, I cannot uninstall it, since there seem to be

There's a tor service that starts up automatically when you install the
expert package.

You probably wanted the default OS X bundle at
https://www.torproject.org/easy-download.html.en

--
Andrew