Tor TransPort on OpenBSD?

macintoshzoom macintoshzoom at lavabit.com
Sun Aug 10 15:45:55 UTC 2008

Yes, the /dev/pf access is probably the problem as I catch once a
warning in tor logs about that.
Sorry, this is a newbie question, what and how have I to give tor
permissions to access my /dev/pf ?
My tor runs as _tor and group _tor, and /dev/pf is currently only rw by
root, and forbidden to others and to wheel. ( -rw------- )
Should I replace here wheel for _tor and give read access to it?
Or read+write access?
This is easy to do in graphical mode with konqueror called by su (I am
on an KDE environment).

Or in konsole:
#chgrp something /dev/pf?
#chmod something /dev/pf?

Is this safe?

Are you successful using make and pkg_add FreeBSD equivalent to update
or build ports via tor using this TransPort feature, even when fetching
ftp files?

Thanks!
Mac