Tor does seem to not hide my system's IP JonDo dioes

Alessandro Donnini alexdonnini at ieee.org
Sun Aug 10 12:22:03 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am having a problem in making Tor work. Below, you will find a
description of the problem together with background information.

System installation information
MS Windows XP SP2
Firefox 3.01 + SwitchProxy add-on
Vidalia 0.1.5
Tor 0.2.0.30(r15956)
Qt 4.4.0

Privoxy 3.0.8

JonDo client 00.10.003

Vidalia is configured to send Tor traffic via proxy (127.0.0.1 via port
8118)

When I configure Firefox to use Tor, and then I use either
http://ipid.shat.net/ or http://www.showmyip.com/ to test my system's IP
address, the IP reported is my system's actual IP address.

When I configure Firefox to use the JonDo client, http://ipid.shat.net/
and http://www.showmyip.com/ for my system report an anonymous IP address.

The test to check that Tor is running on my system
(https://check.torproject.org/) is successful).

I cannot figure out why JonDo wokrs and Tor does not.

I would appreciate any help in resolving this matter.

Thanks.

Alex Donnini