exit node "tortila" adds material to www.barnesandnoble.com home page

Anon Mus my.green.lantern at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 8 20:37:34 UTC 2008

Scott Bennett wrote:
>      On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 15:26:37 +0200 Steffen Schoenwiese
> <or-talk at sschoenwiese.de> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 07 August 2008 12:19:22 Scott Bennett wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>>
>> Hasn't there been a thread lately about tor mixing up pages or something like
>> that? Maybe that's the case here too. Can you reproduce your findings?
>>

>      I thought about that, but unfortunately no, because I don't have a tor
> controller, so I have no way to choose the path.  I suppose maybe I could
> force all connections to go through that node by using "StrictExitNodes 1"
> and "ExitNodes tortila", though, so maybe I'll give that a shot at some point.
> However, it may not tell me anything by now because the culprit, having read
> my complaint on OR-TALK, may have stopped doing it until the heat blows over.
> If you have a method that's easier to use and not so ham-handed as putting
> stuff into torrc, perhaps you could try it and report your results back here.
>      Thanks much!
>

>                                   Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
> * Internet:       bennett at cs.niu.edu                              *
> *--------------------------------------------------------------------*
> * "A well regulated and disciplined militia, is at all times a good  *
> * objection to the introduction of that bane of all free governments *
> * -- a standing army."                                               *
> *    -- Gov. John Hancock, New York Journal, 28 January 1790         *

Just a thought...

If any one was looking of the exit node that re-directs to porn sites,
on some searches (I used webcrawler with search terms "Israel murder
rape xxx" after I was given a name to look for, I got re-directed to an
IP addy porn page (think it was pedo - I quickly closed the page before
any images came up). Then I tried with the word "mystery" (via the same
node), it came up regular no re-direct, so I put the some of the
original search terms in again ("Israel rape murder") and again go the
same porn re-diect ip addy.

This exit node was using the name "UnNamed", it was from Bochem (or was
that Bochim??) Germany and kept changing its IP addy. I did have its
full hash id but that was on of those lines that was deleted from my
torrc file.

All those "UnNamed" nodes out there are creating hell when it comes to
locating them so as to exclude them.

-K-