exit node "tortila" adds material to www.barnesandnoble.com home page

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Fri Aug 8 09:34:31 UTC 2008

     On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 15:26:37 +0200 Steffen Schoenwiese
<or-talk at sschoenwiese.de> wrote:
>On Thursday 07 August 2008 12:19:22 Scott Bennett wrote:
>> [...]
>> >The point is, this is written in way that hardly anyone, even native
>> > germans, would bother to read it, so I'm not 100% convinced someone would
>> > deliberately set this up for a broad audience to take notice of this
>> > content in that way.
>
>Hasn't there been a thread lately about tor mixing up pages or something like
>that? Maybe that's the case here too. Can you reproduce your findings?

     I thought about that, but unfortunately no, because I don't have a tor
controller, so I have no way to choose the path.  I suppose maybe I could
force all connections to go through that node by using "StrictExitNodes 1"
and "ExitNodes tortila", though, so maybe I'll give that a shot at some point.
However, it may not tell me anything by now because the culprit, having read
my complaint on OR-TALK, may have stopped doing it until the heat blows over.
If you have a method that's easier to use and not so ham-handed as putting
stuff into torrc, perhaps you could try it and report your results back here.
     Thanks much!

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG