[Fwd: [Fwd: Not getting copied my posts to or-talk]]

Anon Mus my.green.lantern at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 25 21:12:01 UTC 2008

coderman wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 7:26 AM, Anon Mus
> <my.green.lantern at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> I've now 3 posts to or-talk which all appear to have got through but I don't
>> get  copied the post as a list member.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure I used to get them with my old addy
>>  a_green_lantern at yahoo.com.
>>

> this is a feature of google mail / gmail.  it collapses conversations
> into distinct messages; since you sent the message, it sees no reason
> to deliver it back to yourself.
>
> you can find the message in your outbound mail folder, and confirm it
> was received via the external mail list archives, if needed.
>
> best regards,

OK, many thanks coderman.

It was not very clear, but I now think the gmail help appears to say
that gmail automatically blocks (with total deletion) any email "from"
its own email address, as an anti-spam feature.

I can't seem to find a setting to switch this "feature" off with.

The problem I (and I guess other gmailers) have is I don't know my email
to or-talk was successfully sent out or not. Theory is not the same as
practice. So I keep having to go over to a friends pc to be sure.

I might set up another account, of my own, to check receipts. Seems to
be the only solution.

Best wishes,

-K-