AVG + TOR = BARF

Teddy Smith teddks at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 16:01:53 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 14:37 +0200, idefix at riseup.net wrote:
> Quoting Teddy Smith <teddks at gmail.com>:
>
> > In short, I think Riseup is great, but I would love it a lot more if the
> > server had protection from the legal kind of compromising, possibly
> > through Tor as a hidden service. I wouldn't advocate using Riseup
> > because they profess to having good admin practices; admins can be
> > changed quite transparently for users, and you don't know if the Riseup
> > team is really running the show. Gmail can't context-scan encrypted or
> > steg'd email.
>
> Hi,
>
> at the moment there are discussions going on how to use and implement
> tor, so it might happen in the next future... :)
>
> -idefix

So anyone who was connected with Riseup will what, go underground,
you'll scatter the servers across the world and switch to only existing
as a Hidden Service? It doesn't really matter if you can't locate the
servers with Tor if the operators are already non-anonymous...

But if this could be pulled off, I would definitely support it 100%, and
I'd love using it. So maybe keep or-talk posted. :)