xB Mail: Anonymous Email Client

M. Peterson petersonmaxx at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 21 20:15:09 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Arrakis <arrakistor at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which sends _only_ PGP encrypted email... I'll need to think about that

I would not use any other plain text client, which is sending over hop- and
out-proxies.

>  For tor, I don't know how
> well it can handle smtp, imap, or pop protocols. Mixmaster seems to handle
> smtp relatively fine, except for the delay. I2P is similarly suffering in
> latency as a tradeoff for low observability. Will the user stand for that?
> I don't know.
>  so we want to use networks
> that already exist out there, like one of either tor or mixmaster.

Mixmaster I did not tried, maybe too less nodes, tor is good, i2p has no
outproxies coded in yet, so it would be tor.

> > So the basic concept is, to have an adressbook, which pre-defines your
> > Friends or Mailadresses.
>
> Are you thinking of LDAP then? That would require a service provider,
> which is unlikely to be supported in a non-commercial software.

No, no central server is needd. you just neeed an adressbook, which saves
the emaila dress and the PGP key refering to it into one adress card, then
you have the adress and the enxryption key and as well the PGP key is the
instant messenger adress for retromessenger.sf.net / libretroshare /
retroshare.sf.net

So as you are already familiar with TOR from Xerobank-Browser, I suggest to
build nuntius leo (and later retroshare) over Tor. Do you need the contact
to the development team? then I forward your request to the collegues.

Though, simplemail XUl XPI for Firefox would be as well integrateable into
XeroBank browser ?! we should ask telega for making it open source?

Thanks Max
http://nlcreator.sf.net