[OT] Off-topic posts

Roy Lanek lanek at novenine.com
Thu Aug 21 16:53:02 UTC 2008

> I would suggest that people who want to discuss about 9/11 conspiracy
> theories and other stuff thats has nothing to do with TOR

"Has nothing to do with TOR" is of course--don't take offense--nonsense per
se; precision matters: --is not contemplated as core topic by the Tor's
mailing list regulation(s)-- may be another story.

"Other stuff." You know [maybe you don't], apparently *chaste*, or uninformed
at the least, statements such the "Chinese dissidents" are not that really
disconnected with, afar from 9/11 [it's context and *goals* I mean].

> may leave this mailinglist

Not sure it's that easy to realize/carry out [see above]--who is the
[unwilling, or less innocent] *initiator*, who *joins in* after that, etc.

These are also [politically] hard, critical and dangerous times really. Tor's
scope--people's ANONYMITY over a KEY medium, the Internet--is completely under
fire, directly concerned. I am exaggerating, but it's unbelievable to profess
to be able to keep strictly non-theoretical perspectives out. It's like to
pretend to study, say, forensic without speaking of the crimes, the criminals
and their victims.

The thing seems much more a boo-boo to me, a tempest in a teapot. Blame
yourself instead if you ["you" figurative] are an idiot, and make silly
statements. Think twice before stating bullshit, don't state on things
you don't know, all obvious predicaments already ... Tor is intrinsically
sensitive, touchy by its object.

Don't reply if you don't care, don't read, don't take the bait, this is best
strategy. Those *tempests* are enough localized, e.g., our physicist has
walked all along a path--there have not been surprises.

> Please don't use this list for discussion about bla and software
> licensing and other non-tor-related stuff.

Discussions ... Also don't use it for childishness, such insisting to prefix
a subject with '[OT]' ... because the physicist who discovers errors within
seconds in a document he picks up at random, walks along the paths in mailing
lists without recognizing that the thread is off-topic, replies crap, and then
gets a tantrum when he is proven wrong.

> Its annoying!!!

Agreed,

/Roy Lanek
--
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS   seperti pinang dibelah dua--like a halved
SSSSS . s l a c k w a r e  SSSSSS   pinang [means: two things that are quite