Paid performance-tor option?

Roy Lanek lanek at novenine.com
Tue Aug 19 04:14:34 UTC 2008

> It seems that they are knees-down to german law-enforcement, opening
> their nodes servers to them when required (?), probably even without
> required nor informative request, as they seem to have set up a backdoor
> system for law-enforcement.

Thinking in advance at the Argentina-Brazil [football] game. And at the
off-side^1 [-forcing] trick the teams use at times ...

[For those who do not love football--is it possible?!-- :) and ignore
everything of the game, see the note below]

Law-enforcement is GOOD and VITAL. It's madness in general to try to sneak
it. BAD is when law-enforcement is done abusively and inappropriately [e.g.,
when governments and administrations do not represents a majority of the
populations].

This--arbitrary law-enforcement--is a problem, and a very serious one. It goes
beyond Tor, and rightly so. Plus, we don't want to let Tor become an out of
the laws [re-read the Argentina-Brazil example of above].

What Tor can do, is to try to make arbitrary law-enforcement hard to
implement, within legality of course.

/Roy Lanek

     1. Off Side -- A player is in an off side position if he is nearer to
his opponents goal line than the ball, unless there are at least two of his
opponents nearer their own goal line than he is. A player is only declared off
side and penalized for being in an off side position.

     [Roy, and here comes the important part:] If a player is declared off side,
the referee awards an indirect free kick, which is taken by a player of the
opposing team from the place where the infringement occurred.

[Roy: actually--but without loss of generality--the rules have changed
slightly meanwhile]

Ref.: [first entry picked up after a google search]
http://www.webindia123.com/sports/football/rules.htm
--
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS   dimana tak da lang, aku lah lang, kata
SSSSS . s l a c k w a r e  SSSSSS   belalang--where there are no eagles, I am