Are different countries/areas entry+exit choseable?

macintoshzoom macintoshzoom at lavabit.com
Mon Aug 18 16:53:51 UTC 2008

Hi tor gurus, please note that even if I am a tor tester and user from
log years ago, I am still to be considered a newbie.

Summary of this thread: Is currently tor able to easily let users to
chose a setup as to always set different (user chose-able)
countries/areas combinations for entry/exit chain, to lower the risk of
unfair one-world-only adversary profiling nodes?

As most of you are would agree, from a global (planet) human privacy
(anonymity) rights point of view ... who can trust any specific
law-enforcement agencies (even the US ones) running or controling tor
nodes? ... as they are so ready to profile you (echelon, phorm, etc) for
years and to sell your body (or your corporation) to any eventual
adversary/enemy in trade of any terrorist, economic or the like information?

Scenario sample 1: A tibetan pacific activist from NY, under US
"identity protection", suddenly is tortured and jailed for 10 yeras for
no specific reason when traveling to China-Tibet to visit its relatives
.. Some one has eavesdropped its Internet and sold this information to
Chineses in exchange of specific terrorist information ... or in
exchange or who knows what obscure trade as US citizens (and the world)
are forced blinds about this matters.
We are paying agents that do not report us what they are doing with our
money... maybe nothing but huge houses in Bahamas ...

Scenario sample 2: Your corporation is losing contracts against its eu
rivals, you don't know how. Some one was spying on you and sold this
info to your eu rivals gov agencies in trade of who knows what, probably
under the cover hat of national security.

Who surveys the surveyors? That's the eternal question.

In the meantime, as free-speech and privacy is most important for
humanity progress than combating criminals and terrorists via an
extensive population orwellian surveillance, anonymizer networks must be
   an Internat standard and must be tweakeable (set up per default) im a
manner that the user can chose its less dangerous influent adversary and
chain nodes countries/areas combinations, as well as entry and exit
ones, and those must be also set per default from different law/politics
countries/areas. e.g. entry eu, exit asia, never entry eu exit eu, entry
us exit us.

If our current "employees2 are unable to combat crime and terrorism
without undermining (read destroying) pilar key human rights, we must
fire them ASAP and look for some one else to do the job, or maybe we
have to fund them properly, say with 50% or our properties and revenues,
to create a fairer world and perhaps then crime and terrorism would be
only a matter of ill people in need of psychiatrist help.

to always set different countries/areas combinations for entry/exit
chain, to lower the risk of unfair one-world-only profiling?

Mac