GSoC proposal

Baptiste baptiste at struegel.net
Fri Apr 11 13:47:09 UTC 2008

> First off, I am not interested in "per circuit" information, and I sincerely
> hope that tor would refuse to provide such information via its controller
> interface.  The very idea seems in opposition to the purpose of tor.

Actually, I was thinking to show the bandwidth of a circuit, without
additional infos, to estimate how fast a circuit may be.

>      Secondly, the kind of information I am interested in seeing would be
> primarily focused upon server operations and performance, such as
>
> 	a) the number of exits currently active to each active port,

If I understand well you are interested in knowing the tcp / udp ports
contacted by exit connections ?

> 	b) the number of exits to each port during some time interval (e.g.,
> 	   an hour) for consecutive time intervals (i.e., a way to collect
> 	   hourly statistics throughout each day),

OK but remember my objective wasn't to collect statistics continuously.
Of course, it would be available while monitor run.

> 	c) the number of circuits currently using each existing router
> 	   connection,
> 	d) the current, average, and actual maximum number of onion skins
> 	   queued for decryption over some preceding time period,
> 	e) the hourly maximum number of onion skins queued for decryption
> 	   throughout the day,
> 	f) the number of relay-only circuits currently active,
> 	g) the number of hidden service introductions/rendezvous connections
> 	   currently active and during hourly periods throughout the day,
> 	h) statistics showing how closely (or not) the BandwidthRate and
> 	   BandwidthBurst targets are being met, and
> 	i) statistics regarding cells dropped for each of the possible
> 	   reasons, and
> 	j) statistics on various directory service operations.

I took note, I think relay's admin would be helped a lot with theses
information.

>      Best wishes for a successful project!

Thanks you very much for your suggestions, they are relevant, and I
would enjoy to have such data available for my relay :)

Regards,
Baptiste