Tor 0.2.0.22-rc is out

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Apr 3 21:11:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 08:00:30AM +1100, bao song wrote:
> 1. I am behind a National Firewall. This means:
> a) All Tor download sites are blocked (but the block
> can be circumvented using Tor)

Yeah. We assume you have some way around your firewall (e.g. open proxies,
friends, etc) but it's inconvenient and you don't want to use it all
the time. But hopefully it's enough to get Tor itself.

(We're looking into setting up a gmail autoresponder -- apparently gmail
messages can be 20 megabytes. Handy.)

> b) Tor cannot easily 'bootstrap,' since the
> authoritative directory servers are all blocked.

Is that also true for Tor 0.2.0.23-rc?

If so, can you describe your firewall in more detail for us?

Thanks,
--Roger