getting more exit nodes

Alexander Bernauer alex-tor at copton.net
Sun Apr 20 17:16:44 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 01:03:21PM +0100, Michael Rogers wrote:
> Are you sure it's a good idea to encourage non-technical users, who
> might not understand the legal risks, to run exit nodes?

I don't see how we can establish an anonymous transport system without
risk dispersing. If there are enough participants the individual
risk becomes small.

Compared to the risk to which many users already are exposed because
theire computer is hacked and serves in a bot net this additional risk
should be small.

But we don't want to trick anybody. The risks will be explained and the
user is free to choose.

cu

--
Alexander Bernauer