A Question to people from UK

Hans Schnehl torvallenator at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:11:52 UTC 2008

This is a not strictly tor-related matter, but
related to anonymity in the wider approach.
I was told in the UK you are obliged to deliver your
private gpg/pgp keys to the authorities as soon as you
use one of these programs for yourself.
I am aware of the fact, that in the UK you are threatened with quite
harsh laws (imprisonment for several years) if you do not deliver the key to encrypted
harddisks und else on demand.
What is new to me is the  "obligation" to deliver mentioned keys.
I hope this is a hoax, but just for informational reasons it would be nice if
someone with the appropriate knowledge could clarify this.

thx in advance.

Regards

Hans