connection timed out

Roy Lanek lanek at novenine.com
Tue Apr 15 17:02:48 UTC 2008

    504 Connect to existentialistcowboy.blogspot.com:80 failed:
    Connection timed out

    The following error occurred while trying to access

    http://existentialistcowboy.blogspot.com/2008/04/bushs-conspiracy-to- \
    create-american_15.html: etc.

    [note, I was looking for: Bush's Conspiracy to Create an American Police
    State: Part II]

    Generated Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:51:07 WIT by Polipo on xxx:yyy.

while, e.g., a connection done within the same window of time to

    http://en.euro2008.uefa.com/index.html

is immediately, successfully serviced.

Okay, now the magic: using tor, I can read the article sought.

Recapitulating:

    tor down => 504 Connect to existentialistcowboy.blogspot.com:80 failed
    with other sites being available, of course

    tor up => http://existentialistcowboy.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
              shows up

    purge the caches/whatever [polipo, tor, browser], etc.

    repeat

Notice the REPEAT ... I have done it a couple of times, the last one at,

    504 etc.
    Generated Tue, 15 Apr 2008 23:36:54 WIT by Polipo on xxx:yyy

    with no tor

    success with tor

And notice that I have experienced the same with other ... how to say?,
non-mainstream/non-flat EEG sources of info too [today here, there; tomorrow
in a third place etc.]. Indeed it's my main, so far only, reason to use tor
[there is no risk to reveal anything to the *watchers*, this is a *secret*
that belongs to the family of Polcinello ones].

To let us understand, another site which I can only reach via tor at times is
voltairenet.org, a VERY HIGH quality source of info.

I hope it clarifies also the thing of the 'zero-knowledge' of above better.

Cheers,

/Roy
--
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS   dimana tak da lang, aku lah lang, kata
SSSSS . s l a c k w a r e  SSSSSS   belalang--where there are no eagles, I am