[Full-disclosure] Firefox 2.0.x: tracking unsuspecting users using TLS client certificates

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt mooyix at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 17:22:34 UTC 2007

It occurs to me that this could be used to good effect to track someone
using Tor across various domains you control. Most Tor users know to kill
JS, Flash, and are more than normally paranoid about cookies, but may not
think twice about accepting a client certificate. I'm CC'ing the Tor mailing
list to see what they think...

Can anyone see if this works through Privoxy and the other things in the
standard Tor bundle?

-Brendan