I break the silence: My arrest

Alexander W. Janssen alexander.janssen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 23:23:22 UTC 2007

On 9/16/07, Ryan Wagner <starshadow10101 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's still the possibility that a server op is using their Tor node
> as a scapegoat and really is doing bad things (I don't mean to imply
> that's the case here). Even if the police know that their suspect is
> running a Tor node, what Tor is, and what it's used for, they're still
> going to investigate him. All we can hope for is that they'd be a bit
> nicer about it.

Actually one guy from the police exactly asked me: "Can you prove that
the traffic is really from Tor and someone else and not from your
pretending this was Tor traffic?"

F*ck! This is insane. If i'd be an evildoer I would use *every other*
exitnode, but not mine! Why should I use mine? There'd be a chance
that they kick down my door! I'd handcraft my torrc in a way to
blacklist my very own node.

And why on earth should I, as the suspect, prove myself unguilty in
that case? I can't!
There's a saying: "Innocent until proven guilty". And it's good that
way. I don't need to prove my innocense. THEY have to prove I'm
guilty!

Never forget that. It's the law.

It's a stupid idea. Sorry. Bollocks.

Alex.

--
"I am tired of all this sort of thing called science here... We have spent
millions in that sort of thing for the last few years, and it is time it

.