Advanced traffic shaping with iptables?

Linus Lüssing chinese_chater at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 1 18:28:00 UTC 2007

Ok, I think it works, the latency for internet connections goes down
from horrible ~500ms to 40-80ms, when I start the script.
>> Can you tell me a programm with which I could monitor the bandwidth usage
>> of tor only
>>
> I think that BandwidthRate and BandwidthBurst options are safe enough
No, no, I ment something else ^^. I wanted to know if there is a
programm, with which I could monitor the bandwidth usage of a single
programm, maybe displayed as a graph (so I could have a look, if i.e.
the minimum bandwidth for tor works propably).
(Yep, I could figure out the options for this script myself, the script
is really good commented, nevertheless thanks again ;) )
And if I use the script, I don't need the bandwidth options in the torrc
any more, do I? I've just commented them out.
Greetz Linus