Attn TorStatus folks! We are about to break your bandwidth measures!

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Oct 16 04:23:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 04:37:21PM -0600, Kasimir Gabert wrote:
> Thanks for letting me know about this problem.  I had "fixed"
> TorStatus by just changing the method for retrieving the description
> to 'GETINFO desc/all-recent-extrainfo-hack'.  This does not appear to
> be working anymore!  Should I modify TorStatus so it first finds the
> fingerprint of the router, and the retrieves the extra information
> based on that fingerprint?
>
> I will try to get this fixed as soon as possible, and thanks again,
> Kasimir

Yeah. Here's the better approach, which I think matches what you say
above:

Step 0: set "DownloadExtraInfo 1" in your torrc.

Step 1: GETINFO desc/all-recent

Step 2: Look for descriptors that have the extra-info-digest line, and
then GETINFO extra-info/<DIGEST> to get the bandwidth information for
that descriptor.

Hope that helps. I just tested the GETINFO desc/all-recent-extrainfo-hack
thing, and it seems to work. Perhaps you skipped step 0?

Thanks!
--Roger