Attn TorStatus folks! We are about to break your bandwidth measures!

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Oct 15 19:47:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 05:11:53PM -0600, Kasimir Gabert wrote:
> On 8/27/07, Nick Mathewson <nickm at freehaven.net> wrote:
> > Tor 0.2.0.x has a feature called "extra-info" documents.  This is an
> > adjunct descriptor that gets published along side the main server
> > descriptor.  Clients don't download it by default.  We now put
> > bandwidth history information there.  Soon, extra-info documents will
> > be the _only_ place to find bandwidth history information, once
> > routers start omitting it from their regular descriptors.]
>
> I will get TorStatus to work with this new version, and release an
> update, within the next few days.
>
> 2-4 weeks should be enough time to get most of the servers running the
> new version of Tor and TorStatus.

Hi Kasimir,

It looks like something still isn't right, at least with
http://torstatus.kgprog.com/

The 0.1.2.x Tor servers have fine bandwidth graphs, e.g.
http://torstatus.kgprog.com/router_detail.php?FP=bbb19e844a7b726bddac19ba706ca21397a2046a

But the 0.2.0.x Tor servers have flatlined graphs, e.g.
http://torstatus.kgprog.com/router_detail.php?FP=ffcb46db1339da84674c70d7cb586434c4370441

Is torstatus.kgprog.com still running an old version, or is it
not asking for extra-info docs correctly, or are the authorities
not serving them correctly, or what? :)

Thanks,
--Roger