Tor blocking german nodes

Kasimir Gabert kasimir.g at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 16:48:08 UTC 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 5:19 AM, Marco A. Calamari <marcoc1 at dada.it> wrote:
> But I strongly suggest to discuss more and warn about using the
>  600+ router from China.
>
> Consider two facts:
>
> 1) mout are born in few weeks
> 2) all of them are exit router, no other
>  country has more than 50%
>
> Add them and add a very small quantity of paranoy.

You might be interested in reading http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/99333

With multiple problems existing, any that can be dealt with should be
dealt with.  There are large groups of Tor users in Germany who are
frustrated with these horrendous laws, and that means that it will be
much easier to deal with escaping data retention laws in Germany than
dealing with the numerous issues which you are presenting about ORs in
China.  This does not mean that they should not be dealt with, it just
means that when there is a movement to fix a certain problem it might
hurt rather than helps to claim that a similar but not necessarily
worse problem should be dealt with first.

> German situation is that of a nation full
>  of crypto hacktivist that mus face a new
>  law in two year
>
> China (and another country maybe) are
>  a Big Brother with certificate of authenticy.

Kasimir

--
Kasimir Gabert