All authorities have failed. Not trying any.

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu May 31 22:35:14 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 03:32:37PM -0700, scar wrote:
> while Tor is still able to build circuits, it doesn't seem to be
>able to download updated lists of routers.  then, after several days,
>there is no way for Tor to build circuits.  is this related to the
>__AllDirActionsPrivate setting? related to the activity of the system
>(that is, that it gets put into standby and has intermittent internet
>access)?

We told you that setting __AllDirActionsPrivate would do that if you
don't provide some external mechanism for inserting descriptors yourself.

You're welcome to try setting it anyway, but if it breaks, you get to
keep both pieces. :)

If you figure out what the issue is and have a patch, great. Otherwise,
I'll just continue saying that it's not recommended.

Good luck,
--Roger