Ideas on increasing the significance of tor

Olaf Selke olaf.selke at blutmagie.de
Thu May 31 06:47:13 UTC 2007

Michael Holstein wrote:

> Two ideas :
>
> run multiple instances (and use family option), and let each instance
> handle ($X) amount of traffic.

at this moment on my box the tor process allocates about 2,3 gig virtual
memory respectively 1,5 gig of non-swapped physical memory:

15486 debian-t  25   0 2329m 1.5g  25m S   75 78.2  17930:45 tor

So running multiple instances seems not an option. My box only is
equipped with 2 gig RAM.

> run tor using hardware crypto acceleration (it's sort-of supported,
> usually via patches to OpenSSL)

can you give me a hint about OpenSSL supported crypto hardware?

regards, Olaf