ISP TOS restrictions on servers

Rouslan Nabioullin nabioullinr at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 22:58:19 UTC 2007

I have Verizon DSL 3Mbps/768Kbps that I want to run a Tor middle-node server on. However Verizon's TOS prohibit any kind of servers. Do ISPs really care about whether people run servers on residential accounts and do they scan ports? If so, how often? Will they be able to decrypt the data from a middle node? Is it worth also running a public web\ftp server (on a different port than 80\21)? If they find out, will it be a warning letter or termination?