Vidalia Info messageconnection_dir_request_failed()

bill withers2 witherbill2 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:46:08 UTC 2007

I am trying to enable Tor.  However, the Vidalia message logs is indicated a
whole bunch of connection_dir_request_failed().  I have tried tinkering with
the torrc file to set ReachableDirAddresses (to 80 and 443), set my local
firewall to allow for Tor, Vidalia, and Privoxy and then shut down the
firewall.  I can actually ping some of the servers it is trying with
success. All the pieces seem in place.  Is Tor still trying ports other than
80 and 443 which is what WireShark seems to indicate.