Tor/privoxy and gmail/ajax?

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Sun May 20 19:09:34 UTC 2007

I have privoxy set up to log all connections (debug 1). I see all my
HTTP requests showing up in real time.

Everything, that is, except for what happens with gmail.

Now, I have gmail set to bypass tor (too slow otherwise). But Firefox
is still sending everything to privoxy, which isn't logging anything
on gmail after the initial visit.

Is ajax somehow bypassing the proxy? (I know that Java now has a proxy
bypasser, so I have to wonder...)

EDIT: Weird. I opened a second gmail window, and the second one is
logging everything through privoxy. But the first one doesn't.