pop3 and smtp over ssl [was: ssh]

force44 at Safe-mail.net force44 at Safe-mail.net
Mon Mar 5 08:51:43 UTC 2007

Kees,

I connect to various safe-mail accounts through "secure POP" (over
SSL, port 995) to read my mail and have never problems. Or better to say that when the tor exit node doesn't connect to safe-mail, I just try again a few minutes later and usually it is ok. My mail program (Thebat) even does it all alone, it checks email every xx minutes, as I wish.

Sending mail is another story :) It is quite impossible in SMTP on 25 as in secure SMTP on 465, as most tor exit nodes block traffic to these ports. So, to send email, better is to connect to a web
interface (in https of course), safe-mail is fine for this too.

F44