Proxifier Socks4a leaks with Tor?

echosblue echosblue at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 22:53:53 UTC 2007

Hi, I use a Windows program called Proxifier that routes all
applications to connect to Tor. I find Proxifier very useful in allowing
Tor to connect to proxies set in Firefox by an external program (Hide IP
Platinum). I think easier than editing the Privoxy config to stick open
proxies at the end of an exit node. My only concern with Proxifier is
that Vidalia is giving me warnings about only receiving an IP address
from Socks4. In Proxifier, I have entered IP:127.0.0.1 Port:9050 and
have selected the Socks4a option. Why does Vidalia/Tor think I'm only
using Socks4? Does anyone have experience with Proxifier? How does it
resolve hostnames in Socks4a? Thanks.