Free Software and Torpark

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 01:53:51 UTC 2007

> According to Google my search request for "free software" "looks similar
> to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application"
> and can't be processed right now, so I couldn't verify your claim.
>
> According to the first MSN Search page the ratio is 9 to 1 in favour
> of the FSF interpretation, though.

Well, here's what google returns:

fsf.org
gnu.org
download.com
Wikipedia's entry on free software
tucows.com
shareware.com
freewarefiles.com
completelytestedfreesoftware.com
And a page for a single program for calculating one type of primes.

The first two are the "Free to manipulate as you want". The next 5
software sites are "Free to distribute, but restricted usage" sites.
There's one "meta" site, and one oddball single program listing.

Followed by 8 related searches. Normally I get 100 hits on one page;
this time, only 9.