Ultimate solution

Freemor freemor at yahoo.ca
Sat Mar 24 15:34:47 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-24-03 at 08:52 -0400, Paul Syverson wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 12:50:15AM -0400, Freemor wrote:
> >
> > P.s. to the tor Dev's -- Yes, I know TOR is not a security application.
> > That just snuck in there as I deal with computer security regularly and
> > often see the same "the computer/internet/isp/mysterious someone" should
> > take care of that for me mentality.
> >

> I don't understand this statement. Tor was reasearched and developed
> by and for the US DoD as an onion routing project, the explicit purpose
> of which is security for DoD and other communications:
> traffic analysis resistance, DoS resistance, personnel protection,
> etc.
>
> -Paul

I can see your point and TOR does have some security applications if
used in properly and with those goals in mind. (i.e. only connecting to
https or other encrypted endpoints). The main goal of TOR is clearly
anonymity. If the main goal was security having data leave the exit
nodes in the clear would be a definite no no. I was also just being
clear that I did not think of TOR as a
firewall/antivirus/anti-malware/etc system when I used the term
Security.

Freemor

------

Freemor <freemor at yahoo.ca>
Freemor <freemor at rogers.com>

This e-mail has been digitally signed with GnuPG