"router get by nickname" on request to dir server appears to be failing

Anon Mus a_green_lantern at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 15:24:10 UTC 2007

    (v0.1.1.26 client on Win2Ksp4+)

I have a few nodes I exclude in my torrc with ExcludeNodesconfiguration.

When I start tor (using vidalia) I get a series of error messages in mylog. eg

[Warning] router_get_by_nickname(): You specified a server "xxx" byname, but the directory authorities do not have a listing for thisname. To make sure you get the same server in the future, refer to itby key, as "$xxxxx".

Yet these servers are all in my tor directory file and on xenobite'slisting https://torstat.xenobite.eu/.

I've noticed I even get routes (1st hop) to some of them, perhaps thisis because router_get_by_nickname() fails.

I believe keys can change, so I use nicknames because they always seemto be there. Its only for a few nodes, just where I have seen problemsin the past (eg always returning "closed connection" when exit node/hadunusual script injection from).

Can this be fixed or is it just my fault?

Also how do I turn off logging of

[Warning] fetch_from_buf_socks(): Your application (using socks5 onport 80) is giving Tor only an IP address. Applications that do DNSresolves themselves may leak information. Consider using Socks4A (e.g.via privoxy or socat) instead.  For more information, please seehttp://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#SOCKSAndDNS.

without turning off all the warning logging. I use plenty of socks 5linked apps which will  have the ip resolved. I also have a localip/url cache which will also resolve them. I understand why its thereI'd just like to turn them off. They get in the way.

Thanks.