Tor 0.1.2.12-rc is out

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Mar 19 03:16:05 UTC 2007

This is the fourth release candidate for the 0.1.2.x series. We fixed
an important bug that could send your Tor server into an infinite loop.
(The 0.1.2.11-rc release also appeared, but was quickly replaced by
0.1.2.12-rc. :)

This is a release candidate! That means that we don't know of any
remaining show-stopping bugs, and this will become the new stable if
there are no problems. Please test it, and tell us about any problems
that you find.

http://tor.eff.org/download.html

Changes in version 0.1.2.12-rc - 2007-03-16
  o Major bugfixes:
    - Fix an infinite loop introduced in 0.1.2.7-alpha when we serve
      directory information requested inside Tor connections (i.e. via
      begin_dir cells). It only triggered when the same connection was
      serving other data at the same time. Reported by seeess.

  o Minor bugfixes:
    - When creating a circuit via the controller, send a 'launched'
      event when we're done, so we follow the spec better.

Changes in version 0.1.2.11-rc - 2007-03-15
  o Minor bugfixes (controller), reported by daejees:
    - Correct the control spec to match how the code actually responds
      to 'getinfo addr-mappings/*'.
    - The control spec described a GUARDS event, but the code
      implemented a GUARD event. Standardize on GUARD, but let people
      ask for GUARDS too.