server status 'offline'

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 02:11:25 UTC 2007

On 3/13/07, Stephen <stephen at nodns.org> wrote:
> ... I'm wondering if this problem might be due in part to the version of windows that I'm running (XP Home).

certainly plausible.  there are known issues with the TCP stack in
windows. (or, more correctly, in the manner in which Tor currently
interfaces with the host TCP stack in windows [0])

> I'm thinking of trying to install Tor on another system running XP Pro but I don't know if this is likely to make that much of a difference..

it will run better. just how much depends on a number of factors. may
solve your problem, may not...

> Any suggestions/advice would be welcome.

XP Pro or perhaps a virtual machine running bsd/linux running Tor
would both be an improvement.  i'd be interested to know which, if
any, of these suggestions resolves your problem.

best regards,

0. Windows Buffer Problems
   http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/WindowsBufferProblems