How to run Tor from USB with Linux (Kubuntu 6.10)

Ringo Kamens 2600denver at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 17:35:40 UTC 2007

Here's what I'm thinking for the script. You would have all the deb
files and their dependencies in a folder. Then have the script do:
dpkg tor.deb
dpkg vidalia.deb
dpkg privoxy.deb

or...
cd tor
./configure
make
cd ..
cd vidalia
./configure
make

etc. You get the idea. Unfortunately, the charger for my Linux laptop
fried last week so I can't provide a working example. Basically, the
tor autoinstall script would just take the data from your usb drive
and compile/install it to your hd which you would do every time you
needed it on your system and had wiped your drive/restored a backup.
This would probably require higher user rights however. I *know* there
is a better solution but I don't know the inner workings on tor or
where all the data goes so this is the best suggestion I can provide
at the moment. This is just a quick fix until somebody more
experienced can reply to your question (and I know you're out there!)
Comrade Ringo Kamens