Compile error w/0.1.2.9-rc on Kubuntu 6.10

light zoo lightzook at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 18:59:13 UTC 2007

RE:
<http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Mar-2007/msg00035.html>

Mr. Mathewson wrote
> Again, if any of these warnings actually trigger in
> the code, please let me know.

While not an error specified in the message above I
did experience an error when I tried to compile on my
Edgy Eft: (I could send the log if you would like)

----
checking for libevent directory... configure: error:
Could not find a linkable libevent. You can specify an
explicit path using --with-libevent-dir
----

I found a few pages like the following but I couldn't
find know how to specify --with-libevent-dir:
<http://archives.seul.org/or/cvs/Jan-2006/msg00324.html>

I had the libevent1 package "libevent1_1a-1_i386.deb"
installed before I tried to compile Tor.

Am I missing something simple?

Cheers