What will happen to Tor after the new German data retention law takes effect?

JT toruser at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 15 12:58:41 UTC 2007

> One thing however that could help us is that the logging requirements
> don't seem to affect every kind of traffic but only certain types
> (Web,Mail,Voip). If they forget to put Tor in the list specifically it
> could create a loophole for us.

Tor is the most advanced anonymizing system and will be outlawed first.
I am sure. :(
The more advanced the greater the chances we will see it go first.

Really, I can not believe this is happening. There won't be any more
normal discussions on the net. Everybody will be extremely careful what
to say knowing every post is logged for a long time and can be googled
within seconds.

Should we all move to China? They are not as nuts as the Europeans.
Seriously.
--
  JT
  toruser at fastmail.fm