What will happen to Tor after the new German data retention law takes effect?

JT toruser at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 15 12:49:57 UTC 2007

> Expect crickets. The fines will be 500,000 Euro + 2 years prison for
> disobeying, I've heard. Pretty outrageous, considering Germany is such a
> strong proponent for privacy.

It is ridiculous! I know. I will never ever feel sorry for China again.
There is a much more severe China in Europe. They want to log every
login into a email account. The want to know who uses what pseudonymes.
It is really just unreal. The script for a ferfect sci-fi/horror movie.
I am serious.

> XeroBank has a solution we are hoping we won't have to implement, but it
> will allow Tor nodes to continue to operate in Germany.

What would that be?
--
  JT
  toruser at fastmail.fm