Some of my observations on runing new alpha version of Tor

Przemyslaw Orzechowski porzech at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 18:15:26 UTC 2007

Yesterday I downloaded and installed newest alpha version of Tor and
installed it as a service under windows XP Pro using command Tor.exe
-install
(it was a new install after frersh windows instalation so no config
files or Tor directories were present)

the service was created but ..
Tor directory was created ok under C:\Documents and
Settings\LocalService\Dane aplikacji\
(im using Polish localized version of windows)
the contents of Tor directory were as follows
.
cached-status (subdirectory)
state

there was no torrc file created so i made one myself
when i did this and tried to restart Tor service it failed with an error
Contents of system log

Typ zdarzenia:	Błąd
Źródło zdarzenia:	Service Control Manager
Kategoria zdarzenia:	Brak
Identyfikator zdarzenia:	7023