HTTP response is "Connection: close"

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Sun Jun 24 04:38:12 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 04:11:51AM -0000, tlu0de302 at sneakemail.com wrote 0.9K bytes in 12 lines about:
: Sometimes when I perform an HTTP request via Tor, the response is "Connection: close" rather than the expected content. This happens intermittently, and with various sites. Does anyone know what causes this problem, and whether anything can be done about it? It's been annoying me for quite a while.

Most likely, it is a malfunctioning proxy server just beyond the tor
exit node.  We've seen this when people place squid proxies between
their tor exit node and the ISP.  The squid proxies malfunction for one
reason or another and return "Connection: Close".  Next time your
receive the error, note your exit node.  If it consistently causes this
problem, you may wish to email the exit node contact.

--
Andrew