HTTP-mirror for incognito-live-CD

Pat Double pat at patdouble.com
Mon Jun 18 13:31:42 UTC 2007

On Monday 18 June 2007, Karsten N. wrote:
> there is a faster HTTP-mirror for the icognito live CD online. You may
> add it to the project page. I will watch the OR-Talk for update
> announces and update the mirror as soon as possible:

Great! Can I add to my download page?

> --------- little bit off-topic ----------
>
> mixminion-smtp:
>
> At freshmeat.net you may find a small SMTP-server for mixminion written
> in Perl:
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/smtp2mix/?branch_id=69123
>
> It relays outbound emails from your favorite email client to the
> mixminion remailer network. It is possible, to start the server as
> daemon at boot time. The archiv contains a Sys-V-init script. By default
> the server is listen at 127.0.0.1:8026 for incoming SMTP requests.
>
> May be, it is possible to add it to incognito? (for Thunderbird users)

Does Thunderbird allow configuring outgoing mail to use a specific sendmail
location rather than SMTP ? I was going to create an SMTP relay to mixminion
myself, but thought a script that clones sendmail but uses mixminion would be
more efficient and easier to maintain. I did that for KMail, so the mixminion
integration isn't KMail specific. If Thunderbird allows using sendmail
directly I could pre-config that. I'm installing Thunderbird now but it will
take a little bit since Gentoo is doing a source compile, so I can get a
quicker answer from you :)

Pat Double, pat at patdouble.com
"Ye must be born again." - John 3:7