Tor 0.2.0.2-alpha is out

Fredzupy fredzupy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 11:25:35 UTC 2007

phobos at rootme.org wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 04:00:46PM +0200, fredzupy at gmail.com wrote 0.4K bytes in 15 lines about:
> : I am testing the options RelayBandwidthRate and RelayBandwidthBurst. I
> : note, using the utility iftop that the band-width consumed by Tor (in
> : the absence of any client connection) largely exceeds the limits. Did
> : somebody observe the same behavior?
>
> 	I have not seen this behavior.   The RelayBandwidthRate and
> 	RelayBandwidthBurst directives seem to fine for me.  In this
> 	case, 250KB/500KB as expected.

I think you have the same problem as me. By looking at the graphs of
your node on torstatus.kgprog.com, I note that your Tor doesn't keep the
average around the maximum bandwidth specified.
The limit imposed by RelayBandwidthBurst should be reached only for
short periods of time. Your curves show that you are, most of the time,
over the RelayBandwidthRate limit.

--
Fredzupy