Cisco firewall filtering Tor?

Cat Okita cat at reptiles.org
Sat Jun 16 20:15:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Jay Goodman Tamboli wrote:
> Subject: Cisco firewall filtering Tor?

I'm curious - why do you think it's a Cisco firewall?

> Is it possible the firewall is looking at the :443 connections and
> somehow telling that it's Tor rather than HTTPS?

Well - the dump you posted shows that your connection is NATted - are
you using a VPN connection of some sort?

I'm also seeing that the tcp handshake to the selected Tor router works -
but after that, you're sending off into space, and the connection is
eventually terminated (on your side).

I presume that you're using the latest bundle for OSX?

cheers!