PHP's CURL & Tor integration hangin

Mr. Blue trashdsfg at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 22:32:52 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "coderman" <coderman at gmail.com>
To: or-talk at freehaven.net
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:27:03 -0700
Subject: Re: PHP's CURL & Tor integration hangin

> On 7/21/07, Mr. Blue <trashdsfg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Be aware that I did set connection timeout for
CURL at
> > 60 seconds ...
>
> is this connect timeout, dns resolve timeout,
transfer timeout, etc?

It is: connect timeout -> set to 60 sec
       dns resolve timeout -> set to 120 sec

There is no transfer timeout, but I did found
CURLOPT_TIMEOUT (integer) - The maximum number of
seconds to allow cURL functions to execute.
So I decided to use it this time because I've never
used it before.
I've set it to 300 sec (5min).

So no matter where it "hitch" now - Curl will be
overruled by that 5 min rule.

> > If site does load, then exit node is considered
valid
> > and then I use it to POST data at 12 sites.
>
> you're not doing anything obnoxious, are you? :)

Of course not!
Don't be ridiculous, I would never be..., obnoxious.

I'm mommy's boy!
:D

> > Problem is that every approx. 15th - 30th time, it
> > hangs indefinitely at, for example, 7th site.
> > Even when node was checked at a begening before
usage,
> > against 60sec connection timeout rule it can stuck
at
> > any of sites.
> >
> > Last time it did hang that way for 19 hours?!?
>
> that sounds like a curl/php problem.

I did wroten another PHP script which is paresed each
10 min(cron) and is checking the first one, does it
"hangs".